Voltmodding my 7900

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
okay.. i've just been givin a nice little guide to volt modding the 7900 gt and i'm considering it... and i have one question.... i don't wanna take it too high.. just to 1.4v, like the 7900gtx.. okay and with that being said, i shouldnt have to get a new heatsink for that should i?? seeing the evga still uses the same ol' stock heatsink for theirs.. would i really need one for a voltmod to 1.4 v??

oh, and by the way, here is the link to that guide in case anyone else is interested

http://endeavorquest.net:8880/7900GT_VM/index.htm

you probably should upgrade to a vf700 or vf900 to get some kick*** OCs, but as long as your temps dont get insanely high, you're good

i don't even notice the stock heatsink making noise????? i guess i'm stuck getting a vf900 then.. and some as5.. gonna have to wait on that.... maybe next week :( .... and i might as well go 1.5 if i get the vf900

yeah...

Im too lazy to push mine up from 1.4 becuase it runs fine and the only games I play are source and bf2 as of now and they dont lag at all so I dont see the point...

yeah.....my optys at 2.5 and my GT at those clocks above scored 7200+ in 06 so I think you should hit that pretty easily..

ya.. i've gotten 9500 with my 7900 and opty 146 at 2.8 ghz... so i would imagine with a dual core overclocked to 2.8 and 7900 voltmodded, it should be easy.. maybe i should shoot higher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom