The end of socket 939?

Status
Not open for further replies.

infiltrator7

Daemon Poster
Now that AM2 is out and Conroe was just launched by intel, AMD is going to have to counter Conroe with something similiar. Does this mean that all future AMD processors will be for AM2, and no more for S939? Thanks

in all honestly, it's probably going to be AM3 by the looks of it..... S939 is going to go away pretty quickly I presume....

well that sucks, i was really hoping that AMD would come out with something amazing for S939 as the last processor. I guess I can always upgrade to a X2 4800 when the prices drop even more.

infiltrator7 said:
well that sucks, i was really hoping that AMD would come out with something amazing for S939 as the last processor. I guess I can always upgrade to a X2 4800 when the prices drop even more.
No, the core 2 duo blows it away... But I want to try AMD, but the core 2 duo is out/....

It's not the end yet, but it will get dated... look at it this way... There are still hundreds of thousands of socket 478 systems out there right now... they are not going away any time soon... they will still support them until the bitter money making end... So S939 will still be around... and oh by the way, it's not that old so IMO it's the most reliable and solid system out there right now even with the new cores coming out... they are still so new that no ones really making anything for it... yea there are a few boards, and what not, but NOTHING compared to the S939 systems. So give it a few years and then you might see the S939's going the way of the Dodo...

yeah that's true, i just built this think like 6 months ago so S939 should be around for a while. I'm just mad becuase had I waited six months I could have gotten so much more for my money. but oh well, my system's doing alright....

I think everybody is getting a bit ahead of themselves. Socket A stuck around for quite some time before it started dissapearing. Its still around actually. I give S939 at least another 2/3 years, maybe more if we're lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom