Multipliers

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm lost here.. are you saying its good or bad to use the unlocked multiplier.. in my experience, i'd say its bad to put your multiplier up... because my friends fx57 performs like poop at 2.8 compared to my 2.8 with a 10 multiplier

NosBoost300 said:
i'm lost here.. are you saying its good or bad to use the unlocked multiplier.. in my experience, i'd say its bad to put your multiplier up... because my friends fx57 performs like poop at 2.8 compared to my 2.8 with a 10 multiplier

It's horrible NOT to use it. See, the thing is, the FSB is how fast the CPU "communicates" with the rest of your computer (RAM, GPU, HDD, etc). When you raise the FSB, you are actually raising the speed of all your components, not just the processor. It's better to have 100MHz with a 10x multiplier for 1GHz rather than 200MHz with a 5x multiplier for 1GHz.

Side note; i've got unlocked multipliers, but i'm currently running at 204MHz x11 (for 2244MHz), and that's the highest multiplier i can get. I've got 5-11, increasing in halfs (5, 5.5, 6...)

11x166 is what im at now but 11x200 gives way better performance then 13.5x166 (I have tried both)

It's a bit more damaging to the other components as well as the processor with a higher FSB instead of multiplier.

ya.. i myself prefer fsb as well... it gives much better results IMO.. which is why it seems the people with the lesser processor seem to get the better scores in super-pi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom