computer beeping problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoss cartwright

Beta member
After a power outage, my Dell server now beeps. It boots up just fine. Everything seems to be running OK- it just beeps. The beep tone is a long tone, followed by a pause that just keeps repeating. I have a power backup attached that I thought might be beeping, but the sound is clearly coming from the server.

I am familiar with the beeps that occur in long/short combinations with a hardware failure that prevents booting. This is different-the computer works fine, it just beeps. No error codes. No nothing.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! It's loud and driving everyone at work nuts.

I no after a power outage, my friends comp wont turn on till he unplugs the computer and plugs it back in, try this if you havent, i am all outta ideas sry.

All i can think of is drivers on there.. my computer didnt have sound drivers just after i built it and anything from what is usually a clicking sound would be a loud beep until the drivers were installed. Maybe they are corrupted? Maybe your server doesnt require them.. I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom