Bios Help!!! Asap!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

travis22

Baseband Member
My computer post, one beep and then it loads the windows xp screen and once it is just about to go to the windows login screen, it reboots itself. It never stops, just keeps doing it. What's going on?

Also on another comp, it loads, posts, one beep adn then says the BIOS update data incorrect. it's a sony PCV-RX650 adn then loads the windows screen and reboots itself. ANY IDEAS?
I need help!

in the first computer their could be a number of causes/solutions. the one i have seen the most is overheating. check that you have decent airflow in that computer including: all fans are working and free of dust, cables are tidy and not obstructing fans, if you are experienced enough clean the cpu heatsink and re-apply thermal paste. the problem could also be caused by a memory failure. download memtest86 and burn a cd image using it. boot from the cd and let it run for several hours to see if your memory is faulty.

in the second pc i am not sure of the cause but if you have previously tried to update the BIOS then that would be the cause. try resetting CMOS, there is a "stickied" thread at the top of this forum section explaining how to do so.

could resetting the bios ruin the hard drive at all? i understand it could ruin the motherboard, but what about the hd or other devices i may hav in there?

First Computer

It may have a voltage issue!! Try jumpin the bios to reset everything, could have improper settings..

if you have a manual for the mobo, go to jumpers and it should have something on resetting the cmos, if not look on the web

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom