the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

werdna35

In Runtime
OK, so I recently posted about building a computer and someone recommended getting a Foxconn 975X7AA-8EKRS2H mobo. Well I don't know much about computers so I was looking stuff up about it, and like comparing it against other mobo's. I was looking at an ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe. I noticed they were very similar. Besides the Intel/ AMD difference, which would you all say is better and why? I just want to understand all this stuff, so yeh. Also, while on the subject, in your opinions, which would you say is better, AMD or Intel?

Foxconn is one of the worst mobos out there, they are budget mobos. Asus, DFI, MSI are some of the top brands out there in my opinion so if you can afford one of them go with it.

and like ive said 100 times intel ppl are gonna say intel and amd ppl are gonna say amd. i personally like intel regardless if they are better or not or if they are faster then a spaceship. they are just good chips in my opinion and have always done me good.

I understand how people would have differing opinions like that. Is there a website or something like that comparing like AMD's best to Intel's best or something to that effect?

Also, would anybody reccomend a completely different mobo than the two listed? Why?

Foxconn is actually pretty good... just not a lot of people use them... the new board they have coming out for the Conroe are supposed to be badass... I've had a foxconn s478 board in the past and it was the easiest to setup, work with, and upgrade the Bios... so for a first timer, I would suggest something that would be easy to do... Gives the experience needed to handle the next build...

That mobo seems to have a decent layout. good placement of parts, ram and such... lot O Sata, etc... I have never had a S775 so I cannot say about another board, but both the Asus and Foxconn appear to me as good board... your gonna get lemons in everything, so you take a change with all parts... if this is your first build I would suggest the cheaper of the parts... in case you fry something or kill the board it's not that much of a lose...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom