Which brand of laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

berridge87

Solid State Member
Hi guys,

Im off to Uni this september, and i am going to be getting my self a laptop. Anything up to £1000 tops. Now, i really like the look of the apple laptops, but i have never used an apple in my life. Are they worth getting, and are they difficult to get used to? Also, whats the availability of software like for them?

Moving away from the apples, i am having a difficult time deciding what laptop to go for, there are so many different makes, and specs etc. Im going to want the laptop to be fast, because i will be playing games on it, look nice, reliable, etc. . . I won't really be on the move with it much, so weight isn't really a huge issue.

I would appreciate any advice that you guys have to offer.

Many thanks

Steve

Are there any websites that give detailed comparisions of Macs vs PC's, pro's & con's etc, screen dumps, they just look so god **** sexy! ! !

Cheers guys

yuck, i still wouldn't switch to macs. as much as i hate windows, and it's down-the-drain reliability, i still wouldn't do macs. i mean, a company that has been building computers with ONE button on the mouse... it's really beyond me. if anything, i'd make one w/ 4 buttons, each w/ it's own funcitons integrated through-out the OS.

anyways, that's just me.

now, back to the subject: dude, if you're gonna be playing games mostly, and moving around ain't gonna happen all that much, don't even get a laptop. they're less compatible to hardware upgrades (close to impossible, and when it is possible, it's crazy expensive), their reliability and life-length cannot compare to a PC (due to heat issues and such), and once you battery has been used enough times, it's gonna become one slow *** desktop anyways.

so think ahead and go for a desktop :)

best of luck in your decisions.

puheace

Macs are overpriced and underpowered.
You can get the same spec for hslf the price. I personally have an acer travelmate 4202 laptop, and I love it. It is pretty fast and has everything i want in it. It costs about 700 pounds

umybiatch2k6 said:
if anything, i'd make one w/ 4 buttons, each w/ it's own funcitons integrated through-out the OS.

Your wish is my command. http://www.apple.com/mightymouse/

And clearly you've never used a Mac, because for YEARS "ctrl+click" has been what right click is to Windows. Menus and everything. You can also plug whatever USB mouse you want in and use it... And customize the buttons... So you're done.

dnoch said:
Macs are overpriced and underpowered.
You can get the same spec for hslf the price. I personally have an acer travelmate 4202 laptop, and I love it. It is pretty fast and has everything i want in it. It costs about 700 pounds

Okay, find me a 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 1gb ram, X1600 256mb, 15.4", built in camera, wireless + bluetooth, backlit keyboard, remote control, dvd burner, runs Windows Linux and Mac OS X, 1" thick for half of $2389, which is $1194.50.

Find me that PC laptop for $1194.50 and then you have the right to talk, until then, don't post nonsense like "you can get the same spec for half the price." Because thats blatantly not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom