laptop help!!!!i need it bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapeesh42

Beta member
i bought a sony vaio vgn-fs980 laptop a week ago, and this morning i was installing halo, and the computer froze during installation, the cd drive was making a really loud sound for about 5 minutes so i shut it down. i boot it back up and the windows xp loading screen stays for 5 minutes while it used to take no more than 10 seconds. then the windows welcome screens pops up and that windows welcome sound played, but the sound was realllly distorted and skippy and scratchy and everything. i tried playing different sound files and they all sounds like that. and the computer was extremely sluggish after that. i connected headphones to it to see if the sounds ok then and it was the same. i updated my sound cards drivers and tried system restore, i looked at the running processes, and nothing changed. please i need some help really soon my dad will be back from a business trip in 4 days and if he sees the laptop like this im gonna be dead!!!!

btw the cd drive sometimes doesnt read cds right or doesnt open when i click the eject button it just makes three scratchy noises and acts as if i opened and closed it, but it reads cds most of 90% of the time

system specs
intel centrino 1.73 GHZ
15.4" WXGA LCD widescreen
80GB ultra ATA hard drive 4200 rpm
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900 128MB
RAM 1GB PC2-4200 DDR2
Double-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW
windows xp home edition sp2

Open up taskmanger. Goto performance tab and check CPU usage. Is it very high or stuck at 100%? Then goto the proccesses tab and look for a one that has the highest CPU next to it. Make a note of the name and then highlight and click end proccess. Tell me how that goes.

cpu usage is only 8%
under processes, the process using the most CPU is system idle process which is 97.it wouldnt let me end the process.

Yes the idle proccess should be high thats ok. I don't know what to say your problem puzzles me. Open up defrag and let it anaylize and see how much is fragmented if its a lot then go ahead and defragment. I know someone else here will have some more ideas.

ok thanks but i tried that...didnt make a difference i think its a mechanical problem...anyways does anyone else here know any solution to my problem cuz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom