Athlon XP 3200+ upgrade HELP PLZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve_uf

Solid State Member
I've been looking forward to changing my tortoise of a pc into a more respectable gaming machine for sometime, ive bought a brand new motherboard (Asrock K7S8X-E) to support the AMD K7 Athlon XP 3200+ processor and bolted it in, ive put the wires in the correct places, and plugged in the monitor. But when i turn on the pc it has a blank screen. I asked a few friends and they sed something about jumpers, i messed around with a cmos jumper and now the computer doesnt turn on at all!

Thanks for any given help

256mb 400mhz PC3200 184pin DDR Memory
AMD K7 Athlon XP 3200+ Socket A CPU
80gig Harddrive
Geforce 32mb

thinks thats it... im gettin pretty annoyed tho, because it woz loading up before but now it doesnt even load up. its like pressing a button to an unplugged machine!

if i unplug all power then plug in the mains and then slowly plug in the connector with lots of colourful wires coming from it, the fan moves 4 a quick second. that means ther must b some life. But the pc remains not working, i havnt unplugged anything so i cant understand it, if anyone can help with gettin my pc 2 actually turn on then perhaps i can get back to the first problem i had.

It's the jumpers. You messed around with the cmos jp and it doesn't turn on. There should be 3 pins sticking out on your cmos jumper. If i'm correct ( although it could differ, so consult your manual), pin 1 & 2 hook together will clear cmos data, while pin 2 & 3 will enable it to turn on. If pin 1 & 2 are connected to each other, it won't turn on. Try that out. I had a similar problem, except it was because the mobo bios wasn't use to running my processor (currently the Athlon XP 3200+ on a Biostar M7NCD Pro Mobo), so i reseted the bios by using the cmos jumper to clear cmos data. If that isn't your problem, may god help you.

im buggered. The pc is now lifeless... ive unplugged it put the jumpers in plugged it bak in, tuk them off with power and EVRYTHING. nothing seems to work. i think i might just go back to the shop n tell them that its a piece of donkey s**t.

Steve_uf said:
if i unplug all power then plug in the mains and then slowly plug in the connector with lots of colourful wires coming from it, the fan moves 4 a quick second. that means ther must b some life. But the pc remains not working, i havnt unplugged anything so i cant understand it, if anyone can help with gettin my pc 2 actually turn on then perhaps i can get back to the first problem i had.

You mean the ATX power connector??? You unplugged/plugged it while the PC had power???

I smell some electricity issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom