Need pc upgrading help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. but do you reccomend for me to add more RAM, when I just came back onto my pc [having it completed a spyware scan I left it to do with ad-aware], it took me a while to open up mozilla firefox and get everything back to ''normal speed''.
Is FreeRam XP Pro any good? It checks up on my ram and etc.

i mean a gig is good, two is better lol. more ram is always better so it wouldnt hurt and you would see an improvment.

As for programs that free up ram, i dont like them. they take up ram to run them lol, sometimes up to 10 megs, and when it goes to free ram when the system gets low, even more ram and cause system lag while it clears it. so i dont like them.

Oh right ok coolio.
Which is better:
2x 512 MB to total the system to 2 GB, dual on one set, dual on the other
or 2x 512 MB and 2x 1 GB to make a total of 3 GB.
Only thing is, I heard too much RAM caused problems. Your thoughts?
[I think the video card can be upgraded in a few months time as I think it's only the RAM that's really causing problems..]

lol no such things as to much ram. 2x512 to keep the dual chan or 2 more 1 gig to keep the dual chan. your vid card could have been upgraded 5 years ago lol jk but yeah thats do for one.

Ok will go about adding 2x 1 gb and then will upgrade the video card later. I had to purchase the video card when I was building my pc.. my budget at the point of choosing the vid card was loow:p
So, will there be 2x dual chans going on, one with the 2x 1GB and one with the 2x 512MB

only if you do

slot 1 = 512

slot 2 = 1 gig

slot 3 = 512

slot 4 = 1 gig

then the 1 gigs will be on a dual channel and so will the 512

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom