Need pc upgrading help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willeh

In Runtime
Okay my pc is slow, and I built it only 2 weeks ago with new condition / decent parts, but now [and I can garuntee it's been defragged like maad, scanned and such for spyware / viruses like mad everyday with various programs]. I tested it out with 3dmark06 and for all tests they were going at 1/2 frames per second.

I need help on what to improve, I'm thinking either improve video card [even though it's new and only been in use for 2 weeks] or to add more RAM.

Processor:
Amd ATHLON 64 3500+ venice core

Video Card:
Nvidia geforce 6600LE

RAM:
1GB [2x 512 MB] pc3200 RAM

If you need my mobo specs or any other specs please ask.
I use the pc for mainly playing games like SC, wc3 and sims 3 + all expacs at highest quality, nothing that demanding like fps games etc.

Thanks in advance
EDIT: I bought a stick of 512 MB pc2700 RAM for my old pc, it didn't fit into the pc I intended to buy it for. Does anyone reccomend placing it in this current PC along with the 2 pc3200 512 mb sticks?

If you put the 512mb pc2700 in with your ram you have in you may see a small performance increase but remember if you put it in, make sure you run your pc3200 at pc2700 or you could cause some damage very quickly

AMD Athlon Xp 2500+
120Gb
768mb pc2700
Nvidia Geforce 4 4200 Ti

Okay did you mean if I put the pc2700 in, I must run my pc3200 at 2700, how would I go about doing this?

just to let you know, 3dmark06 is ment just to cook your system. alot of testers have been complaining about it. it is to over intense.

for you Edit, if you do that your 2 stick of 3200 will run at 2700 as well so i dont know if you want that.

i dont think you should base your computer on 3dmark06, i mean how does your system work with the games you use it for ?

your video card also isnt that great but like i said if it plays fine for wha tyou use it for then thats all you need, other wise the only thing you would really need is to upgrade the vid card really.

the 3200 will automaticly run at 2700 there are no changes needed to make and will not damage your computer like he said

Go into the bios before you put the ram in and set your pc3200 down at 333mhz(pc2700) then save the settings and then put your ram in and all will be good!:D

Its actually what im doin with my ram!

Oh right ok cool thanks King. I could add more RAM, from my 6600, are there any cards out there you reccomend which are good and will last me for some time. My budget is around 100 pounds [about 210 US dollars] for upgrading.

AMD - What do you think is better if I want to avoid getting more RAM, 3x 2700 2x at dual 1x alone all 512 MB, or just to keep it at 2x pc3200 512 mb sticks

are you looking for a PCI card, AGP card(if so 4x or 8x), or pci-e card ?

my opinion for the mem, is keep the dual channel 1 gig setup that you have. no need to slow up your other memory and stop dual channeling for another 512.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom