Not open for further replies.

xtpacygax

Banned
Hi,

I just got this case:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119068

And this motherboard:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131527

Now I got most of the case wires already connected except for three. I have looked over the manual and can't figure out where these go.

The first is HD Audio. Don't know what it is or where it goes.

The third one is 1394. I got USB working but there is no where in the motherboard to hook that up to. How am I supposed to hook it up?

Finally, I have this set of single wires (11) which is labeled Azalia and have no clue where to put that either.

Can someone please help me out, this is my first time building a computer and I really need a little help.

Thanks,
Ted

If they are the wires from the front of the case they dont need to be connected.

First the 1394 (firewire) your mobo dosent have it so just fold it up and set it aside.

Second the speaker/Mic wires. I like my stuff pluged into the back so I dont have to see wires in front. Fold those up and set them aside with the 1394 wires. (ur supposed to move jumpers and plug them into the mobo but to me its way more bother than its worth)

I have a firewire card, but I wanted to have the firewire in the front because I constantly have to hook up my video camera.

So now that I know I can't use the firewire port and I found out where to hook up the AC 97 wire, I have 2 more wires that I still don't know what they do or where they go. The Azalia group of wires and the HD Audio. Can someone please explain these, thanks.

EDIT:

I just realized that the AC 97, Azalia, and HD Audio wires are all one big wire with different endings to be plugged in. It seems you have to choose between one of those, that's what I believe but am not sure about. Can someone please confirm this, and if this is so, which one should I choose to plug in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom