Worklog- CrossFlow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright no problem at all.... i'll probably be getting new mobo and all that later down the road and a new case with that... so when that time comes i'll give you a pm and i'll see what we or you can do.. haha

markkleb said:
FIRST! if you are not sure about electricity dont do this. The Caps can store electricity and Zap you good. Also usually PS have ground spots built into the circut board and will need to be grounded.

But without the PS Case cooling is improved and wasted space has been eliminated.

AND FOR SURE MAKE SURE ITS NOT PLUGGED IN.....

Sorry if you already covered this... why do you have two big a$$ capacitors for you computer:eek:?? capacitors are for large, instantanious power demand... im confused :eek:

cwiz said:
Sorry if you already covered this... why do you have two big a$$ capacitors for you computer:eek:?? capacitors are for large, instantanious power demand... im confused :eek:

They are part of the PS, when you remove the cover they are exposed. They store up electricity and if you touch the circut board of the PS you can get shocked unless they are drained.

In high end car stereo they use HUGE(10 times bigger) Caps to store electricity to help out the amps.

wow, im def goin portable on my next biuld,

well i just finished my own mod, fitting a thermaltake bigwater with a custom resevior an extra drivebay raidator and gpu block
in a midtower, i didnt think it was hard until i got everything in a box the size of my washing machine :rolleyes:
o and my psu doesnt come with modular cables( mayb ill just cut of some, can i do that?)

you cant even see the mobo there are so many tubes, but with 2 30cm cathodes and 4 led fans and a crab led fan memory cooler and a blue led in my cpu block it'll light up enough :p :p :p :p

so is it done, wheres the color change? should be nice, i was thinking of doing a lexan clear mini case(with about 8 cathodes), but not experienced enough yet.

I am making the cable side of the case today, il post picts later. here is a link of the color change paint I painted the front. I did it a while ago so its a little scratched. But I will sand it down and do a better job.Its pretty hard to show in picts because it has a Pearlescent finish (it shimmers)
http://qpackbuild.blogspot.com/
Here is a pict of the Right side(not quite done yet)

rtSide.jpg

here is a pict from the Fan Side. You can see some of the mobo supports. I thiught they looked a little ugly so I took some blue sleeving and used black shrink on the ends.
fanwall.jpg

Fans

I have heard lots of opinions about fans. I have been flamed for being a "fan Boy" . But I got to say Here is 5 Arctic Cooling Fans(some new some old) and the 5 together make less noise than 1 Vantec Stealth fan.
About the only noise is of wind. Now this is no hurricane but this is a superoir way to keep a comp cool. I am using a neighbors comp right now (modding it) and its one 80mm fan drounds out my 5 AC fans.

If you havent tried one yet (about $6) get one....
(funny thing in the pict they are running, but the camera made it look like they are stopped)

100_1577.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom