Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is a problem damn it... so dont question me about it.

my friend called his ISP and after an hour or so they determined that the problem well the only way to solve it through reformatting...

so if next time u dun noe anything, just shut it alright juan? it really pisses me off when people want it their way. argh

thats the problem, my friend doesnt have a burner, besides it is 600 songs... - -"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

yeah...not having a burner is a problem ...but the 600 songs arent

as some1 said before , if u burn them in mp3 format u can fit all 600 on like 8 cds

hey cheerios, do you have access to another hard drive? like take one out of a computer that is working ok, make it the master and the one w/the mp3's the slave, copy the mp3s to the good drive, take it out, do the reformatting, then put the one w/the copied mp3's back in as the slave and re-transfer the mp3's.

just an idea.

hope it works ok.

i am not getting why u r going to format the hdd to avoid a program error

u can reinstall the os which will not delete u'r data
otherwise u can install l a fresh copy of windows in any other folder(c:\windows1 like that ) and install all other applications

jaknlisa619 said:
hey cheerios, do you have access to another hard drive? like take one out of a computer that is working ok, make it the master and the one w/the mp3's the slave, copy the mp3s to the good drive, take it out, do the reformatting, then put the one w/the copied mp3's back in as the slave and re-transfer the mp3's.

just an idea.

hope it works ok.

yes ive considered that before but the problem is the only hard drive i have belongs to my dad

cheerios said:
it is a problem damn it... so dont question me about it.

my friend called his ISP and after an hour or so they determined that the problem well the only way to solve it through reformatting...

so if next time u dun noe anything, just shut it alright juan? it really pisses me off when people want it their way. argh
My way? just becouse i asked you to be specific about what error was that you where talking about?
well dont mind me and keep doing what you are doing
im not questioning you anything
hooo..... forget it :angry:

Oberjaeger said:
Well of course they're going to say that he should reinstall. The people at his ISP's helpdesk aren't responsible for fixing problems with windows unless it's specifically related to him getting online. Even then 90% of the time a tech support monkey will tell you to reinstall.

He can either get a cd burner for $20-$30, copy them onto another pc over a network, copy them onto a second hard drive or get some partitiong software to resize his partition and create a second one for data.

While your friend is out getting the stuff to solve his problem you should take the time to go out and get yourself a better attitude. No one here is being paid to help you, they're spending their time to help you out.
If it turns out that someones advice isn't useful for you then suck it down. If you want the right to ***** at someone then take the damn pc to a place that will take you money to repair it for you.

hmm relax man its just that im not getting the answers i want and im thinking, yeah maybe im not being specific enough, sorrie guys sigh... sorrie juan for that verbal assault :(

Good for you cheerios, I truly respect when someone can admit when they've overstepped themselves (or whatever) and apologize. Not that you need or want my respect, I'm just giving you kudos for your last post.

cheerios said:
hmm really? hmm i should try that. thanx guess123!

Im the one who suggested it.... I feel unappreciated... ;)

As for Oberjaeger's post, I get the feeling he may be tech support (like many on this forum) as a profession. Trust me, this kinda thing hits a nerve with TS people. If hes having a windows problem he should contact someone about his OS... not his internet. I dont mean to be "rude" or whatever... but imagine if you worked in a dental office and every day, 5 people walked in with a broken arm. Get it? Tech support hate that stuff.

Anywho, as has been suggested, you may want to inform us of the specific problem so we can maybe help with that rather than this *.mp3 issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom