USB Malfunctioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ste2

Solid State Member
I have re-installed drivers, re-formatted the PC, everything! And they still won't work.

I plug the keyboard in and it says that it's malfunctioned and won't work :mad: and it's peeing me off BAD, cos I have a PDA which I need to sync with my laptop and a phone that I need to sync aswell.

I'm thinking if I buy a PCMCIA slot, to go in the side of my laptop, that could give me connectivity? Feedback would be GREATLY appreciated :)

did you try pluging other devices into the USB?

I burnt out my USB ports some time ago and got a cheap USP card online, with an internal port so I could hook up my front USB ports.. Everythign has been fine ever since... but check it with a bunch of stuff before you buy anything

sounds like you are talking about a laptop. laptops can be really tricky to install windows on and any drivers. so you are certain the USB ports don't work at all? if installing updated chipset and USB controller drivers doesn't work try and get into the computers BIOS and then look for options pertaining to enabling or disabling the USB controller, make sure it is enabled. if that fails you could probably get a USB PCMCIA card for about $20-$25 US (just guessing, perhaps even less) and that should solve your problems.

Wicked :) Erm I'm from the UK, a lil town called Darlington

I've just bought one on eBay for about 7 quid, which is worth a try :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom