Multi Display Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayer

In Runtime
I have a 26inch HDTV with a resolution of 1366 x 768. I want to add it on to my 17inch crt with 1024 x 768 resolution. The HDTV has hdmi input and D-sub. I know hdmi is higher quality so i bought a DVI to HDMI cable to go from my computer to the tv. The problem is I cannot get the resolution of the tv to look good. Maybe it is because it is hdmi. I can try d-sub but i know the quality isnt as good as the DVI, i just want to be sure thats the problem before i buy a cable.

I know there is software to manage monitors, can anyone make a good suggestion? any help would be great.

I have a 9800 XT video card, 1 Dsub out and 1 DVI out and an Svideo

it might just be because on no matter what, television resolutions are not as good as monitors. tvs are not a good choice for monitors...

but i use "reschanger 2004"and it works great for me

its not a normal tv, its a LCD HDTV with 1366 x 768 resolution. its not the quality of the monitor

Try D-Sub. You shouldn't notice anything wrong with the quality. If you wanna try HDMI, try going to display properties > settings > click on monitory "2" > advanced > click the monitor tab > uncheck "Hide modes this monitor cannot display" > OK > change to the resolution you desire > OK. Done.

[EDIT]
Wow, I did not know there were DVI to HDMI cables. My LCD TV's D-SUB is limited to 1024 x 768, but it has HDMI that supports upto 1080p. :D :D Much nicer resolution than what I have been using. Gonna have to invest in a cable.

Newegg has this cable for $30, and everyone else costs about $70+. Wow. I don't know how that's possible. Newegg stuns me sometimes.

the digital video signal in DVI and HDMI is exactly the same, which is why its so easy to make an adapter for them. the difference is that HDMI also transfers audio as well, and supports HDCP, which is content protection. (gay)

cables get even more expensive than that. My monster cable DVI to HDMI retails for 150 bux, i got it for 35 on ebay brand new.

What is teh maximum resolution supported by D-Sub?

its not a normal tv, its a LCD HDTV with 1366 x 768 resolution. its not the quality of the monitor

my guess it is because it is a non standard resolution. i myself would just stick to the VGA. honestly, the only major difference between DVI and VGA is the distance the signal can be carried along a cable. you would not want to make an analogue cable longer than a 3 metres because you would get signal loss. i am not sure if there is a "maximum resolution" that can be transmitted by VGA but i know it supports basically as far a resolution as it is possible to achieve with current video cards on a single display device (2500 somethingx another number i can't remember ;)) so basically resolution is not a constraint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom