Seagate Barracuda 300GB 7200 RPM 8M Cache SATA
Sony DRU-S810A
Mitsumi Floppy 7-in-1 USB Card Reader
CM Stacker 830
Logitech MX518 mouse
CB Audigy 2 Z Platinum Pro
Logitech Z-680 speakers
22" Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2060u CRT

I already had the sound card, speakers, and monitor. And I had planned to reuse an ATI X800 video card I had, but I didn't remember that it was an AGP card and this board has no AGP slots. So I had to run out on Sunday and buy the cheap Nvidia card as a stop gap. The plan was to buy the eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512 MB but I couldn't ever find it stock anywhere. Now I think we will get the Radeon X1900 XTX - but my husband decided I spent enough on him for now and the Easter bunny can bring that card. Total spend was $1852 with shipping. My son is still grinning over this box and apparently spent most of Monday and Tuesday telling his friends about it-who now want us to build a machine for them ;-) He isn't allowed to play games during the school week so he is anxiously waiting for Friday night to come so he can actually get some game time in with it. I will get some pix and metrics up on the weekend.

whoa, that is an awesome build you made your son there! hopefully my build goes as successful as yours! mine should be done by the end of this month! good luck to myself!

dude that would be so awesome if my parents got that for me for my birthday cuz i'm 14 and my birthday just passed in june =(. wonderful specs except for the FX5200. get ur son the saitek eclipse of g15 to go along with his MX518 (which i own and its awesome). still he is still extremely lucky!!!

Heh, you get him a raptor, but then you get him a fx5200 :p
Nice, I hope to get a good computer for my birthday.. but hey, I'm limited on money... and now with my parents marriage problems.. it won't get any better :(

Deathawk said:
Heh, you get him a raptor, but then you get him a fx5200 :p
Nice, I hope to get a good computer for my birthday.. but hey, I'm limited on money... and now with my parents marriage problems.. it won't get any better :(

who knows, it could get better! they might try to win you over and stuff.. or they might be competing with each other to see who's better.. OR.. they might just feel guilty that you're going through this and they start spoiling you... thats how it happened on 'that 70's show' anyways... :D

You are so mean lol. You buy your son a great gaming rig, and then don't let him use it any time other than weekends XD

hey i was just wondering, as there anything special you had to do during assembly? anything not mentioned in the manuals?

because imstarting my first build aswell.

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom