installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

1337_d3r3k

Banned
hello iam building a gaming computer and i want to know bout the installation of the programs like how do i do it and how long does it take
ill need to install everything cause yeah its new soooo itd be great if you could help

To install a program from a disk, pop the disk in, and chances are good it has autorun, so it'll pop up asking you if you want to install it automatically. To install from the hard drive, double click the .exe install file.

more details on what you are trying to install?

times varies depending on the programs and the computer itself.

king, iam installing everything... sry kinda all i know whcih leads me to my 2nd question what should i install microsoft? or should i go with lunux??? cuz once i build the comp ill need to install a prog

If its a gaming computer then you should go with Windows since thats what most games are made for.

Ah ok so your talking about an OS(operating system). its not really a program so thats what through me off, i mean you could consider it one i guess, but not to get into that stuff lol.

Ok get your self a copy of Windows XP SP2, home edition would do you justice unless you need security then go with professional.

Depending on your cpu speed and amount of memory installed, and how fast your CD rom drive is. it can take you 20 min - 45 min to install windows XP.

Sounds like your on a first build so i wouldnt go with linux, cant play many games with it either. and linux isnt new user friendly, takes some learning to get the hang of it.

As far as your "everything" its very vague to tell us that. for better help is good to say, " i need to install and operating system, virus protection and firewall" or somthing to that effect. when you say "everything" you may need help setting up an FTP server and we would never know that. like snake eyes was saying to hit an .exe file which wouldnt apply to a windows install and we had no way of knowing that. just for future referance to better help ya.

With a fresh system I always load the OS from a bootable CD. Once that is done I load the chipset drivers next and reboot. Then the NIC drivers, the video drivers and sound drivers all at once then reboot again. Then check device manager to see if anything is left as far as drivers. Because I am anal about things I configure and test the modem next. Once that is done I configure the ISP and do all the windows updates and virus updates. Next I load up Opera, load the Office suite and then make an image of that onto a separate partition. All of this takes about an hour and a half to two hours. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom