Building Gaming Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swingfinger

Solid State Member
I am building a new computer for gaming/college. My budget is about 2100 but I can go higher. I was going to buy a premade comp but they seemed too expensive. My current PC was built by my brother and I but it is outdated now. Can someone give me links and info for the best computer components in my price range? I would like a monitor since mine is like 6 years old. Also a nice new optical mouse + keyboard. As I said before it can go a bit over.. my parents are paying for 2000 of it so I can dish out a bit over that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A few questions:

Where do you live? I need to know to calculate funds and to figure out where you can buy parts.

$2000 is alot of money for a complete system with LCD monitor. You will get a very nice system for the price.

Yeah, really. I bought my current setup (in my sig) from a guy here on TF for $1500... and that included games.

I live in Northern California, I was told newegg.com is the cheapest but im not sure. keep in mind i will go over the price I posted if needed if I have to. The only thing that tore me between building a comp and buying premade was the free LCD monitor you get with premade often.

exactly.. it might be free, but the rest of the crap is.. well, crap..
If talldude doesnt post a build tonight ill get to it too.... 2000 will be a **** nice compy :)

Thx guys I appreciate the quick responses. I know ive said this already but I 2000 is on the low end of what I expect to pay... I wan't a decent gaming rig.

I actually just posted a question like this. My budget is between 2000 and 2500 and this is what I got for a response....

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (out today?)
Motherboard: Foxconn 975X7AA-8EKRS2H
RAM: 2 gigabytes (two one gigabyte sticks in dual channel)
PSU: Thermaltake toughpower W0104RU ATX12V 650 watts
Video Card: eVga 7900 GT
Hard Drive: WD Raptor WD1500ADFDRTL 150 GB 10,000 RPM

Does anyone have any more suggestions maybe with links to all parts like case, Graphics card, good gaming mouse keyboard... all that stuff? It would really help me as I don't have too much experience with computer parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom