I'm beginning to become desperate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justcallmebob

Beta member
Ok I'll start by not going into the long story of how my comp got fried in first place (in short i got a ram chip dirty after taking it out ((i think)) and when i put it back in *POP* and the smell of smoke........) and say this i need help determining if my new assemblys mother board CPU socket (it's a BRAND NEW motherboard but i put the old proc in it) is fried or my processor (from the computer that was fried). Is there any reasonable explination why my assembly would not work with new everything except my power supply graphics card and processor (both from old assembly). Basicly answer me this, when i put the dirty ram chip in my old machine and it fried, what part(s) could have gotten fried?

Aside from all above comments, my new assembly comes on, but seconds after powering up the proc pops and it is hot w/ a lil smoke. I realize that either the cpu or cpu socket must be broken of course but could putting my possibly fried processor (assuming it is fried) into my new MB fry my new Mother Boards slot or any other part?

I know all this is worded confusingly and my apologies for any complications that are a result of my wording or grammar.

My apologies but i forgot to mention that i ask theese questions because im trying to buy a new processor and dont want to somehow damage by putting it into my new board. (ie my new board IS fried b/c of old processor and the fried socket breaks the new cpu that i put in it).

For one, if the machine powers up, but nothing happens on the screen, that's when a processor is dead. If you can get to the BIOS, the processor works.

Two, are you putting the CPU in without a heatsink/fan? Please, please do not tell me you are trying to run the comp without a heatsink/fan on the CPU!

Three, if the machine boots up, then shuts down shortly thereafter, then it's possible the PSU is gone or not powerful enough.

Heck no im not lol. Im not a wise techie but im no moron. :p

Thanks for confirming that about the processor as it solves some of my complications, but is there a way to tell wether or not the processor is fried or the procesor SLOT is fried or is a slot getting broken b/c of a chip (or perhaps vice versa) even possible?
In other words can i be shure its the processor thats not working or the slot its connected to thats not working?

ya, youd need another processor to test the possibly fried board, , alos snake eyes, if a comp turns on and does nothing it cna also be ram no in the thing,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom