please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no "del" option, only f10 to adjust settings. i assume it takes me to the same place you talk about, only i dont know what to do there.
Is there a way to upgrade to a better bios or am i stuck with what HP gives me?

which settings are these? is it a blue screen? if so, then yes, thats the bios...

i bet you could just press your "del" key repeatedly when you turn on your comp to enter the bios and it'll work...

i doubt HP would release bios updates..

I got it sorted out. Thanks for all the replies.
Just so any other dc7100 owner knows, when you get a new graphics card for the pci-express slot and your computer doesnt recognise it, you have to push F10 on the start up to take you into the bios setup, then look through the menu until you find 'Hyperthreading' and change from enable to disable.
Then click save changes and exit, you will then need to plug your monitor into the new vid card and it will start up

This proves that we are not limited to HP's crappy little 64mb pci cards.

Only then will it allow you to install the drivers.
Thanks all for your help

wow that is really weird... what happens if you turn hyperthreading back on after you install the drivers?

Just gave it a try.
As soon as i enable hyperthreading and save the changes the computer reboots and my monitor has no power forcing me to plug it back into the onboard vga output.
So i always have to have the hyperthreading disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom