Help with building first PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickensandwich

Solid State Member
Hi I'm new to this forum and to building a PC in general. Recently I bought a book on building a Gaming PC, it taught me some basic things about what to buy but Im having trouble picking some of the things to buy. The motherboard, for example, the one they listed is hard to find.

Also the book was made in 2005 and 1 years seems like a long time so I decided to shop around for other things but when shopping I found it very hard to choose the right motherboard, all I know is that I'm going to buy an AMD athlon64 FX since they are the best for gaming.

Can anyone help me build the computer I want, I want the computer for gaming, and have abnout 3,500-4,000 dollars to spend. I would appreciate all the help you can give me. thank you

Also about overcloking, Im not sure how to do it but im hoping it isnt extremly hard, but I would also like to be able to have parts that are good for that.

well one year ago the athlon FX was good. but maybe you should consider a intel core duo (conroe) a lot cheaper with better performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom