anyone use a different resivior with thier TT bigwater pump???

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipercrazed

In Runtime
well my mid-tower case finnaly found its limits in hardware capacity, (bigwater 735, extra radiator and gpu block)
2 drivebay size radiators, one in the drivebay one external, 3 120mm fans, 2 80mm fans, cpu block, gpu block, and one **** of a pump and resivior,

they're just WAYY too big and not needed, well i can keep the pump but the tank just has to go, the pump has a fitting so you dont need to hook the tank up with any hoses, the threads of the pump fitting are bigger than any 9.5 mm 3/8 quick connect i have... its one of a kind, how can i get a smaller resivior to fit?, or just a way to route the tank to the drivebay area.

im sure someone else has a bigwater setup and has thought of it.....

ill post more info if someone has questions.

i got about two weeks for this cause the angel of a site "newegg" ripped me off cause i purchased a gpu block and they never shipped it with the rest of my stuff so i go and look at it and its out of stock ETA 8-4-06

it was instock when i checked out, carefull newegg your not my fav anymore

no,and i dont know how, and ive already been pm'ed from people about it

EDIT: wow i just left a question at the thermaltake website and they said we'll send a reply within 7-10 days:rolleyes: :amazed: :mad:

well i dont care if i have a resivior or not,
i could just add a T line with a fill port

i just need the pump to fit, the intake fitting of the pump is a strait 1/2" huge metal pipe its not flanged. i can unscrew it but i cant find a fitting like the output fitting, frozencpu.com has all fitting but for swiftech and primochill, no thermaltake fittings ....

i really wanted to solve this, well iguess in just gonan have to buy alot of fittings

i measured the threads of the output 3/8's that im gonna keep and its like 4/10 of a inch, all they have on frozen are 9/16 and 1/4" threads to 3/8 tube's

im gonna go with the dual 3.5" drivebay resevior, UV blue or clear, cant decide with my UV green liquid

I would take the pump to you local hardware store. Try finding a fitting that fits. There are more to fittings then just the diameter. Most likely it will be NPT since I most american products use NPT which is a tapered thread. But many other water cooling products use BSPP (British Standard Pipe Parallel) which is parallel thread. These two threads types are the most common found in watercooling products but they are not interchangable. Most NPT threads don't have seals because they are tapered and seal with a tight fit, where as the BSPP threads also known as the G type threads have rubber seals at the top because the parallel thread won't seal because it won't be mor snug as tighten further.

I would email thermal take and ask them for the thread sizes on the fittings or go to the hardware store. Most hardware stores in the US don't carry BSPP threaded fittings, so if the NPT doesn't fit you will most likely have to order it.

Good LUCK!!!

i thought of the hardware store for a second, bt i guess i should, i already ordered 3 different fittings from frozencpu, yea i saw something about britsh standard threads.... didnt know what they meant thnx for telling me.
they were all less than $2 each so it really doesnt matter i just want ti to work, i also got 4 L peices and plastic clamps

we'll see, it will probaly be in a couple of weeks, im goin on my first vaca of the summer...

incase any one cares, out of the three attachments i bought for my pump only the dangerden 3/8's metal attachment fit at all,

frozencpu.com, watercooling section, 3/8's fittings,

the threads are a perfect match but its short and doesnt go in too far, im glad somethin fit, i shouldnt be talkin, i havent started it up, you hould see the maze of 3/8 tube, ownage

072606191620.jpg

Danger Den uses a 9/16-18 thread. Although they are in the process of switching to the BSPP system so expect G1/4 fittings on all new blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom