boot prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

bum

In Runtime
I've started having trouble booting up. Just built this computer and everything started out working great. The first symptom was windows started taking a long time to load, which made me suspicious, but I pretty much ignored it. Now it tries to load and never finishes. I can get on in safe mode (I am now), but if I try to boot up normally no dice.

Any Ideas?

EDIT: My gut tells me this is a software issue, not hardware, so since this is on a 250Gb HDD, which I'm not liking (could get really cluttered). I have a 30Gb drive which I'm thinking about installing everything to and using this as storage instead. Then I could feel free to reformat whenever too since I'll have everything backed up.

Do a repair install of Windows XP, and if that fails, reformat. And back up your information BEFORE the reformat :p

(You are using XP, right?)

yeah (unfortunately). Is it feasible that the OS got damaged after like a month of use?

I've got a pretty good I idea on what I'm gonna do. Definitly putting that second smaller HDD in and then probly a reformat.

Thanks for your help though.

WTF

My system just started working again. I'm happy, but at the same time windows sucks. If it weren't for games I'd switch to linux or Mac.

if you can get into safe mode, then its one of a few things (most likely). A program in startup is hanging and not allowing windows to finish loading, or you have a corrupted driver. Thats what you need to focus on. Just because it works fine now, does NOT mean this wont happen again. You need to check your startup and maybe reinstall drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom