FIRST time building a comp. Need Advice and Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BC727 said:
dario- is that english?

My name is Italian. Its also a spanish name.

I would still recommend the x1800gto since it will score better than a 7600gt at stock speeds. Plus if you change your mind about overclocking it would be much better. My card only runs a little hotter with my overclock.

lol no man i didnt mean your name i meant what you said i didnt really understand it. so what is this other card that you are recomending. a radeon x1800gto?

josh- yea ill probably end up upgrading sooner or later, could you link me to a good psu? thanks.

keep the opinions coming, still need a cd drive

You know I thought they might of been what you meant but I reread my post and it seemed fine to me.

But what I the HIS x1800gto is a better card than the 7600gt especially if your going to overclock. It only cost a little more than the 7600gt.
Almost every HIS can unlock to 16pipes and when you use a modified bios you can clock it to really high speeds. Mine runs at 730mhz on the gpu and memory. And when combined with my Amd64 @ 2.5ghz I get a 3dmark05 score of 10,200. That score is around 3000 points better than you could get from a 7600gt with stock cooler.
You want to have a higher score in 3dmark. My score is actually comparable to a slightly overclocked 7900gtx which cost way more.

HIS is the name of the company, on the x1800gto they use better parts so it overclocks better than other ones do. The IceQ3 version comes with a really good cooler which keeps temps way down and it runs really quiet.

Like I said it is a little better than a 7600gt anyways and you might change your mind about overclocking.
Why don't you want to overclock???

becouse it voids warranty hard and i dont understand much about it, dont want to get into that i just want to get my comp built and not have is be a peice of ****, and i still need to research all warranties and how that works.

Thats what I figured. HIS used to give a program called iturbo which allowed a little overclocking without voiding the warranty. This card doesn't come with it though so you wouldn't be able to overclock and have a warranty.
But it does out perform the 7600gt a little bit so just give it a thought. Either one would be fine but if you still have the same card for while and stop caring about warranty than the x1800 would be better.
Oh and overclocking is really easy. You just get a program like ati tool or rivatuner. Then go into the program and raise the mhz up a little bit at a time and then test it to make sure its stable. Look into it you'll relize how easy it is. I'm by no means a computer expert but it took me all of five minutes to learn overclocking with software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom