Folding @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ Unfortunatly, I can't get a new cooler, as I don't have the time & resources to custom mount it... the SN25P uses (from what I have read on various forums anyways) a proprietary mounting.... The heatpipe cooling system they have is pretty effecient, just the thermal paste is kind of Eeh... Well, I TEMPORARLY solved the solution by underclocking the core to 1.8Ghz.... as the computer was rebooting during WoW play because of overheating... grrr... it is folding again though, and temp under load has gone down by 10* C.

ATM I've kinda halted folding, because I had to reinstall Windows on my machine, and I can't find my driver CD for my wireless card. plus tweaking the 7900 I got is kinda taking more of my time.

but once I upgrade my motherboard and CPU (hopefully this week), I'll definately start again.

i have a question, i just installed it this afternoon and i joined the TF team :p. now i see you guys have like 30 WU's and 20 wu's. when i look at my little gui screen it says WU end Jun 2 2009. can someone explain lol. thanks.

It takes 100 to 1000 frames (depending on total frames) to work out the timming. I started on a 500 frame yesterday that said thr 23rd October 25! 2025!!! If that was true, there would be no point starting it. It will be done sometime tomorrow.

Whats wrong with it being a exe?

Also, after completing that WU, my PC is running very smooth, and no lock ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom