Laptop Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHWebSolutions

In Runtime
Hello all I have a Gatway MX6436 and I am haveing problems with it. This happens off anf on. What happens is I will be doing something and all of a sudden it freezes. The screen looks like it has lines going from left and right acress the screen (still lines of corse). Can someone help me out.

William

It could be anything. Spyware, viruses, malware, or simply a program error.

Scan for viruses, malware, and viruses, and then check with me again.
Links for free programs are in my signature.

I just reinstalled Windows and it is still doing it. I first had windows xp home (the one that came with the laptop) then I had to reformat and reinstall windows and I installed my windows XP pro on there and it is still doing it.

get memtest and try that, it will scan your ram for problems, if your laptop is still under warrent , send it for repair, youll more than likely have to put the original operating system back on

It was doing this even with the original OS on it.

IrishNinjaX said:
get memtest and try that, it will scan your ram for problems, if your laptop is still under warrent , send it for repair, youll more than likely have to put the original operating system back on

what i mean is, your warrent probably wont be valid if you have a new OS on it,, since you put on pro ,,,,,, so if you send it back to be repaired under warrenty your better off reinstalling the original OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom