Semi dead pixel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Threepwood

Daemon Poster
I have a weird thing on my new laptop, one of the pixels is what I call "semi dead". It's red sometimes, but sometimes it fixes itself, and if you press on the screen at it then let go it fixes itself for a while. I don't want to return it or anything I'm just wondering if anyone knows how this is possible or if anyone else has seen it ever.

as far as i know a transistor is eithor on or off so its unlikely that you can have as yu describe semi dead,, they are eithor stuck on or off, although i could b wrong

I have something similar, have what looks like a small dead bug stuck under the screen...is it a dead pixel or something else?

Any way to fix?

Thanks!

leonardmp92 said:
I have something similar, have what looks like a small dead bug stuck under the screen...is it a dead pixel or something else?

Any way to fix?

Thanks!

If it moved, than yes it is a bug in the screen - actually very common. open the screen up if you know it is a bug, otherwise RMA if it is annoying.

Thanks Trifid...is there a way I can see if it is really a bug instead of opening up the screen (which I dont know how to do).

No idea. Try moving it? see if it doesn't completly cover all the pixels it is over.

Mr_Threepwood said:
I have a weird thing on my new laptop, one of the pixels is what I call "semi dead". It's red sometimes, but sometimes it fixes itself, and if you press on the screen at it then let go it fixes itself for a while. I don't want to return it or anything I'm just wondering if anyone knows how this is possible or if anyone else has seen it ever.

Hello,

Pixels are made of subpixels - a red, blue and green subpixel. If you're seeing a distinct red on, for example, a white background, then one or several of your subpixels of that pixel are defective, causing your red subpixel to appear more distinct than the blue and green (especially on a white background).

...So it's entirely possible for you to have 'semi-working' pixel.

I would strongly encourage you to have it replaced with a new one.

yes my friend has one of those. i think you can live with it? just prod it every time it appears. :p

and dont most manufacturers require a minimum of something like ~7 to RMA anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom