Planning for the future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I'm thinking that too... but that Opty is looking kinda nice... but I think I will go with the cheaper of the 3. I've got a real good cooler so I know I can OC. I just hope Chase is getting somethig out of all this. :)

Chase: In other words... you've got the parts to keep you happy for a while longer... just go with what ya know... :) and buy mine! LOL

or you could even take my opty 146 single core off my hands as well!!! or not.. i think i may want it... i don't know!

and this should be helping him.. with these cheap prices and all... and where to get it at, and how his mobo does support x2 with new bios revisions and all that....

Hey, thanks guys for all the awesomeness you spewed out on this thread. I had no clue I could support X2 (just ignorant I suppose). I will definately be getting an X2 soon now...as there is no new mobo involved...although I am a little worried about the whole DDR2 thing...is it worth buying a whole new mobo and going all "AM2" (btw, I am not so interested in the Conroe because of prices and other things...so that isn't really on my list).

::-Chase-::

IMO... Socket 939 is not that old and still very reliable. I would say get e good x2 chip and some decent DDR ram (2x1GB) and you'll be set for a couple of years more, or until you want to do a whole new build... by then all this battling will be over with then you can see what's going on

no, going to am2 is not worth it right now.. just like everything else when its new.. just wait, wait for k8l or whatever structure its called.. wait til amd actually gets better.. but by then... you may just want a conroe anyway... stick to 939 while you can

Thanks again guys. That's exactly what I am going to do then. Slap in another GB of Ballistix, get an X2, and chill until the murky AM2, ddr2, etc. waters clear.

Also, my mobo is set for ddr400 (PC3200) RAM, can I run ddr500 RAM on it safely? I know this is a "newb" question but this was never a relevant question I proposed until now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom