Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheerios

Banned
My friend has like 600 songs in his computer and it just happens that one of his programs has an error and it is inevitable that i have to reformat his computer

Now, heres the question, is it possible to

1) Partition the drive, (C:\) into two thus forming another drive (H:\)
2) Copying the songs over to H:\
3) Reformatting C:\ with H:\ undisturbed
4) Bring over the files from H:\ to C:\
5) Combine back C:\ and H:\ back together....

also, the current OS is windows millenium and the only cd i have to reformat is windows 98... must I have both drives as a windows millenium before combining them again?

no. sorry.

Just use CD-Rs and burn in *.mp3 format. Itll only take like 8 or so CDs...

Just wait til you get in my range.... youll need a whole HDD just for music.

does it not let you delete the corrupt mp3?
actually I think the format idea could work, just get a prog that will partition drives (like partition magic) or fdisk if you know how

i used to reformat my win 98 once a month and it never deleted my mp3s or other valuable stuff in my documents... i used to even go as far as going into C:/ and deleting EVERYTHING that was not in use (i wouldnt delete windows, my documents, maybe 1 - 2 other folders) and then proceed with the reformat

huh? i dont get you kaa312, isnt reformat suppose to wipe out all your info? hmm ive done reformatting before its just that i want to know if there is another way...

hmm kaa312, i think you are wrong and probably confused with something else

first of all tell us if the problem is with the o/s or another program
if its with the o/s do a repair over the actual op/system
reformat its beeing use so much over nothing even when its not needed
give su back the details and be specific in what the problem is dont post just "help" or "its it posible"
we will try to help but be specific like i said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom