parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

etomic13

Baseband Member
Im upgrading my computer slowly but surely and i was wondering which parts would help the most.
im upgrading:
Ram- current:780mb upgrade to 1.7gig
Proccessor- p4 1.7 ghz upgrade to pentium d 2.66 ghz dual core
Hard Drive- 30 gig upgrade to 160gig
Video card- geforce mx4000 upgrade to 7600 gt

Im using this as a gaming rig
the MSI V class mobo designed for p4 3.2 ghz max would that work with the pentium d 2.66 ghz core duo link to mobo

becasue i dont want to spend over $150 on a proc. Beside theres no huge difference between the pentium D dual core and the p4 core duo that would make me spent another $100

Since you are talking about upgrading all this, you will need to do it all at once since buying that CPU will force you to get a new mobo, and with it the capability for a PCIE x16 slot... So I would recommend this:

Sell off what you can, and save your money for a whole new core system. CPU, mobo, video, RAM, and think about a PSU... With new hardware comes new power requirements... You could use some existing parts, Hard drive, case, kb/mouse, etc... from your old one to save you some money...

there is no big difference ?????? ofcourse there is from the pentium 4 to the new (not p4) architecture core 2 duo look at the benchmarcks.

^^^ Exactly the difference between the core 2 duo and p4's are astronomical, the e6300 is fairly cheap and will just destroy that pentium d your thinking of buying. I also agree with nukem sell it for as much as you can and buy a completley new system.

no i meant the Pentium D dual core vs the core duo. anyway i just bought a PSU, Case, Mobo, i like that mobo i was just thinking of getting a p4 3.0 ghz proc. off newegg.com there like $92 now and im just trying to get my pc to run BF2 right now but would a 3.0ghz proc. hinder a 7600gt that much. i know i mostly need that new proc. and video card so i might get that stuff for my birthday.(i get to drive then :) ) then work for the ram and the hardrive.

my mobo has a pci slot i have an MX4000 in it right now. (lol funny story how i found that out when i first started building i had an ati rage or somethin like that in the agp slot so i tried to keep plugging my mx4000 into that slot and it wouldnt fit so then i found out it fits in the slot next to it that happens to be a pci)

Expansion Slots
AGP Slots 1x AGP 4X/8X
PCI Slots 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom