windows xp start menu wont go away

Status
Not open for further replies.

honor man

Baseband Member
hi, my windows start menu is showing partially, and i cant get it to go away no matter what. i tried rebooting, didnt work. then i thought it might be windowblinds or iconpackager, so i uninstalled them both( theyre ram hogs anyway) and its still there. im running mcafee, adaware and spybot on it right now, hopefully it helps, can anyone help me? its very annoying.

24366-testing-uploading-images-untitled1.jpg

thanks for the quick response. i tried that, but it didnt work. i have been getting the message below everytime i boot up, although im not sure if it could be related to the issue. all my games have been looking and working fine. im not sure why that message comes up, i havent opened my box up or bumped it or anything like that. this picture was taken before i uninstalled windowblinds and rebooted with only mcafee running upon startup.

the card is a geforce 6800 256mb btw.

24367-testing-uploading-images-untitled.jpg

first of all, I would put the icons back to their normal size. Then see if it goes away, if it dont, go to display in the control panel, desktop tab, customize button, do you have a tab next to general called web? if so open it up and uncheck both or just one box and refresh your page

thanks, ive tried all suggestions but still it's here. oh how frusturating.and if it helps at all, i can select things off of the partial start menu, it isnt just a part of the background that i cant interact with.

24369-testing-uploading-images-untitled.jpg

thanks, i finally figured it out. i just right clicked on it and disabled the "my documents toolbar" and it went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom