Updating my system; advice welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollingStoned

Solid State Member
I'm currently running the following set-up.

AMD AthlonXP 2500+ Barton
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard
1GB Corsair XMS PC3200 CAS2 2-2-2-6
120GB WD 7200RPM HD
250GB Seagate 7200RPM HD
ATI Radeon 9800PRO 128MB
Antec 480w PSU

I was thinking of upgrading to an Athlon64 3200+ Venice, but I can't decide if I'd really see that much of a performance boost over the Barton, or if it's as easy to OC as the Barton. Of course, I'd also have to get a new motherboard, and I was thinking of getting the BIOSTAR TForce6100-939, which is a budget board, but has a lot of great reviews. I think my 1GB of memory should be fine for now. I mostly use my computer for gaming and web browsing. I don't really go nuts with gaming, so having the BEST graphics isn't really too much of a concern. I want the best speed/performance. Any suggestions for upgrading? Or thoughts on the upgrades I want to purchase? Any input would be appreciated.

Well, if you waited until thr 24th/25th, you could get an athlon 64 around a 4000+ or x2 for the same price! and that will be a huge performance increase?

The usual places... newegg, zipzoomfly, etc. I'm really on a tight budget, so I'm trying to wait for the perfect time to buy. I wish I knew if that time was now. :confused:

Trotter said:
Try checking out your parts through PriceGrabber:
http://www.pricegrabber.com/
Yes, PriceGrabber is legit. It's the largest Internet price comparison site.

Yeah, when you're a penny pincher like me, you come to know these sites. I'm using that site currently. My problem is... I'm wondering if I should wait for them to drop even lower, or buy now. ARGHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom