Mobo/Video Card Question??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dukill

Solid State Member
This will ve my second build first intel build. I am building this comp for my parents so it needs to be very reliable, i am in school out of town and cant be around to fix it all the time. My dad is an intel guys so i assume he will go with intel. So my question to u guys is what motherboard is very stable and reliable with a 2.8-3.2 ghz intel. I heard intel boards were good. It would be nice for the mobo to have lan, audio, and sata, so a fairly well equiped board? Another question i had was what proccesor northwood or prescott? The last question i had was what is a good video card for all around use, games, regular apps, internet, video editing, etc. What is better nvidia or ati? In my comp i have 9800 pro and so far has been very good. This comp will be used for a varity of things not very much gaming(internet, word, burning dvds, video, Auto Cad(Maybe), and other things. Please give me any input you can. Thanks ver much for your time. I will post a list of parts after i get some input (i order from newegg). Thanks agian

i would use the intel d865perl motherboard that has 4 usb, lan, audio with optical and coaxial out, firewire. I have used this motherboard before and it seemed to work well but its about 120-140 bucks. THen i would run the ati 9200 video card. its good if you want to do a little bit of everything.

I think thats a great setup...it has good memory and processor and the video card is good enuf for most games.

wow the ram is 1gb? hmm, your parents must realy be hardcore gamers :p

about the motherboard, try a 4P4800, it is really stable :D and u can overclock it up by 30% with it still remaining faithfully stable :D

wow a 9600? lol, as i said, must u really spent on ur parents? since im assuming they arent hardcore gamers. my advice is bring down the card... try something less and cheaper...

hmm a 3.0ghz! haha is this a birthday present? give them a 2.6ghz and they'd be happy enough :p

frankly speaking the computer you are building, well the specs is almost the same except for the
-ram amount (im goin for a 512mb),
-processor (going for the new prescott socket T),
-motherboard (a socket T mobo)
-video card (going for the cooler 6800ultra :D)

I dont really have a budget. i know some of the things i got were fast and a little overkill but my dad has one similar at work and he likes his computers fast and reliable. i do have a few questions though. Should i go with an intel board and if so what chipset should i go with. Or should i go with asus? I dont think i will overclock because it will be plenty fast the way it is. I want to go with the ati all in wonder cuz my dad likes his tvio. With ram what is best kind to go with an intel board if i go that way? I want to go Kingston Hyper X but i cant find any DDR 3200, can i use 3700 or not, if i can will it be faster or not. I know that both support fsb of 400 but since the chip is 800 i can use 3700 right? Would it be worth it? Thanks for all the help.

yea.. 1 gig is high if ur not gaming...but as he said he will need it for games sometimes and his dad likes the speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom