*new* wood case worklog

Status
Not open for further replies.
RGELLIS said:
Ah, CD Drives are pigs, as they say 5 1/4" although thats apparantly a measure of something else, not the bay, when I did my PC case DT project at school (which i can safely say failed miserably) it took me a long time to get teh mounts in the right place to hold them!

Very Original way of doing things and I really like the design, good luck! Im sure you will do better than I did!

Ruan

ahhh resistant materils, that was a good subject:) did you make a computer or summink?

anywho, i may go for a glossy finish, but it depends wether i go for a light natural stain, or a really dark wallnutty/aubgine colour, well regardlss, after much trouble i finalllly got the front panel sorted, i just need to fit the button, which looks like this http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=118&products_id=572

and some usb ports, i need to rip out my existing case, well here it is:

CRIM0002-1.jpg

took a suprising large amount of effort!

glued it all together today, gut out the usb and power switch on the front panel, and cut out holes in the back for the mobo, psu, and 120mm fan, along with a 120mm fan hole in the bottom,
next step start forming the curve for the top, fit the doors sand it and stain it
CRIM0006.jpg

CRIM0007.jpg

maby, i odered some rosewood and walnut stain, probly gonna do it walnut, but i need to experiment, anywho, i made the curvey top today, should finsh next week:
CRIM0018.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom