Status
Not open for further replies.
posted on another subject. regedit startup

EricB said:
regedit startup

go to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre
ntVersion\Run

in your registry. this will show you the hidden program that run at startup, but don't show up in startup (msconfig). right click and delete the ones that you don't want

for all user on the computer, go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr
entVersion\Run

to delete keys

follow the words at the bottom of the picture for the path

regeditstartup.jpg

well i deleted one lastnight, came on the pc this morning and the nvidia settings icon is still there, so clearly i deleted the wrong one!

Which entry should i be deleting? i dont need directions just the bit i need to delete to stop it loading up on startup.

Re:

In the Nvidia Control Panel, simply click on tools in the menu tree on the left, and uncheck the following...

nvidiaiconns8.jpg

...Make sure you click apply, then ok. The nvidia taskbar icon should disappear.

I'd assume that unchecking this setting in the Nvidia Control Panel would perform the same operations as if you were manually unchecking the startup items in MSCONFIG...therefore, if unchecking the option in the Nvidia Control Panel does not work, then I wouldn't expect that manually editing the entries in MSCONFIG would have an effect on his machine either.

If this does not work, then there's obviously something wrong. I suggest that you uninstall, then re-install your graphics drivers and try the procedure again.

Thanks alvin, that seems to have worked, and i reset the pc and it hasnt come back now.

God all that bother just to remove an icon!! :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom