XP Pro...Default Docs Folder Weirdness

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark4man

Baseband Member
OK...

After 8 years with the company (& 4 in which I bugged them for a new PC)...I finally got my new machine. I'm running XP Pro (as opposed to the old box...which was 2000 Pro.)

One of the first things I did was to re-map my "My Documents" folder to our company server ("F" Drive.)

Now...everytime I go to Windows Explorer...every single folder & file has a stupid set of shortcut arrows attached to the icon (which is annoying as ****.)

How do I eradicate this?

Thanks,

mark4man

mark4man said:
OK...

One of the first things I did was to re-map my "My Documents" folder to our company server ("F" Drive.)

mark4man

That doesn't make much sense to me, do you mean you have a documents folder on your company server that you've mapped as the F drive?
Has the PC been installed with a preconfigured image by your IT department or does it have an OEM installation?

disable offline files and turn of synchronization.....are the arrows blue with 2 on each folder?

are the arrows blue with 2 on each folder?
Yes.

disable offline files and turn of synchronization
How?

That doesn't make much sense to me, do you mean you have a documents folder on your company server that you've mapped as the F drive?
Dude...it's already the F Drive...I just moved my default "My Documents" folder to it, that's all.

Thanks,

mark4man

when you right click on my documents, what options do you have?

Go to folder options in the control panel, offline files tab, is that enabled?

when you right click on my documents, what options do you have?
Open, Explore, Search, Syncrhonize, Copy, Show on Desktop, Rename & Properties.

Go to folder options in the control panel, offline files tab, is that enabled?
Yes...I unchecked it...& everything is now fine. You fixed it...thanks very much !!!

mark4man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom