make this pc run faster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there are any 65nm processors in socket 478

anyway, from experience, I'd say it's best to have 1GB-1.5GB total memory (paging file + RAM) if you run XP. 1.5GB if you run games, 1GB if you just run basic apps.

I would say 3x the paging file as you have RAM is kind of off.
like, if you already have 1GB RAM, having 3GB paging file just makes things slower. not to mention you have 3GB less of your hard drive you can use.

since you have 512MB I'd suggest you use about 512MB paging file, to make 1GB total. that will be fine for basic apps.

apokalipse is right
im pretty sure there r no 65 nm processors for soket 478
anyway those processors r quite expensive
sticking with 90 nm is still a good option and i would also recommend uprgading your ram to 1GB
Also page file is important

i see that everyone is crazy about your ram and cpu problems, but no one answered your HD question (As far as i read)

if you were to put another HD in just for windows, you might as well go w/ a smaller cheap one, that would then become your primary HD (since you wanna run and OS off of it). Your current settings on watever OS will not transfer over (unless you do that one thing XP has for that, migration tool or watever), it'll be like a brand new OS. to make more space on your 80 gigs, uninstall (if you know how to) windows to drop another 1.5Gigs or so of space.

now, if you really wanna be a baller and ****, you should go ahead and buy one of them i-RAM harddrives, put like 3GB of RAM in it, and then it'll boot and run CRAZY fast, no joke. but it's expensive (no duh).

umybiatch2k6 said:
i see that everyone is crazy about your ram and cpu problems, but no one answered your HD question (As far as i read)

if you were to put another HD in just for windows, you might as well go w/ a smaller cheap one, that would then become your primary HD (since you wanna run and OS off of it). Your current settings on watever OS will not transfer over (unless you do that one thing XP has for that, migration tool or watever), it'll be like a brand new OS. to make more space on your 80 gigs, uninstall (if you know how to) windows to drop another 1.5Gigs or so of space.

now, if you really wanna be a baller and ****, you should go ahead and buy one of them i-RAM harddrives, put like 3GB of RAM in it, and then it'll boot and run CRAZY fast, no joke. but it's expensive (no duh).
But will putting in another HD just for windows and several apps (like office, etc) make it run faster???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom