Case fan problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aexin

Baseband Member
Hi all, I bought an Alienware Aurora 7500 in Feb. and lately the large case fan on the back has been making squeaking/chirping noises. I tried contacting Alienware but because my warranty expired they want to charge me $39 just for an answer to the problem, no parts or anything. Any ideas? Also, the power supply is very loud. Has anyone else who had an alienware replaced the power supply and what did you get? Thanks

Before replacing it, make sure the fan is not spinning on any wires or anything, make sure itÂ’s securely tight so it wonÂ’t vibrate off your case and make more noise. Afterward if the problems still persist then you can go ahead and replace it. You can find it being sold at your local CompUSA.

Buy a quieter PSU if you have to. The standard PSU that comes with most computer are bad anyways, consider buying a good one and donÂ’t be cheap because you will end up paying for it later when it **** something up.

compusa is a total ripoff!

If you take law's suggestion you should be able to get some good deals off SVC.com. You were already ripped off once, don't get ripped off again (talking about you computer..)

so how should I replace the squeaking fan, because the fan is attached to a box that has tubes coming out of it that run to the cpu

It's probably a 80mm fan, most HP computer have a tube that help direct the airflow from the CPU using that tube. You can take it apart and remove the fan. It should not be that hard, just look at the tube it'll show you where to remove it, usually just press down on a the clips.

Theres a problem tho, the tubes are for liquid cooling, the fan is 120mm, i think, maybe bigger, and I think the box that the fan is attached to might be whatever holds the water.

RockyZ said:
compusa is a total ripoff!

If you take law's suggestion you should be able to get some good deals off SVC.com. You were already ripped off once, don't get ripped off again (talking about you computer..)

Its not a rip off when a fan is 5 bux online but you gotta pay another 4 for shipping (being 9 bux). And the same one at compuse is 7 dollars overpriced.. it sucks, but becuase of the shipping its actually less...

I still buy most stuff online, but sometimes the smaller stuff is cheaper..

So nobody can tell me how to replace a fan thats attached to a box that has liquid cooling tubes out of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom