Intel or AMD Processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wicked23

I know things...
I trying to decide on a new notebook to buy for work. One has a 2.0ghz Intel pentium m 760 the other 2.0 ghz AMD turion ml-37 or the mt-37 processor. Pentium i have dealt with, but i don't know much about amd processors. Does anyone have any advice on this matter. Or is the a cheaper processor out there that is faster. i need this laptop for programming, but my company doesn't like to spend money. Thanks in advance!!!

i looked at them. But duos put the price up to about 2000 i'm trying to keep it below 1500. i'll assume 2 processors running at 1.8 ghz is faster than one at 2.0. Right?

The goal is speed at reasonable price. also i've seen duos only stocked with 512mb ram. wouldn't one want a minimum of 1gb ram with duo processor.

my company deals with pcconnetion.com that's where the prices come from. Most laptops that i am refering too are hgp/compaq. they also have alot from lenovo Inc. which i never heard of. My boss is a leary of going with new products. Acer on the other hand is a name i know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom