Conroe, Merom coming Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i've pre-ordered my conrizzle E6600, the motherboard unavailibilty has really annoyed me though and the prices of intel boards are really going to set me back, oh well it'll be worth it though.

NosBoost300 said:
yes.. but most people don't wanna buy new ram and mobo.. when instead they could just upgade what they got

Thats assuming that most people have a S939 board already.. besides everyones gotta upgrade at some point...

Microsoft_Boy said:
im building right now and i cant decide to go for a conroe or stick with the amd i am buying

haha sounds liek you already decided :p

I know it was metnioned that only a few motherboards for Conroe are released, and that is definitly echoed elsewhere, especially on the vendors websites. Do we know if more will be released by thursday or this weekend, hopefully by early August?

(side note: what are your general opinions on gigabyte motherboards, Ive heard both ways about them...... )

Tox1cThreat said:
haha sounds liek you already decided :p

I know it was metnioned that only a few motherboards for Conroe are released, and that is definitly echoed elsewhere, especially on the vendors websites. Do we know if more will be released by thursday or this weekend, hopefully by early August?

(side note: what are your general opinions on gigabyte motherboards, Ive heard both ways about them...... )

If you're talking about the DS3, it seems like a pretty solid board. It's what I'm looking at. More should be coming out, though... still, $140 isn't too bad.

Gerry_w - Im not sure what Im looking at right now, lol Im still int eh market. I like ASUS but I dont want to pay 229 for a board...

Apokalypse - what do you mean by the performance being mediocre.. Im planning to OC a bit. How would they compare against an Asus board. (besides propriatary features)

I.E. is the 229 or 269 price tag worth the difference?

I got a Gigabyte DS3 coming in tommorow. High FSB. Ive also got a BadAxe rev.304 in RMA. So I dropped around 400 on mobos but im happy.

P.S.- I will be testing both boards soon with my various chips, so I will let you know. The only downside to the DS3 is there is only 1 PCIE slot. :(

O and price gouging maybe illegal but they still do it. Look at Froogle, there are no E6600s for under 350. And no matter how high the price people are still going to pay for them. They are the new thing everyone wants them.

wtk pro l said:
O and price gouging maybe illegal but they still do it. Look at Froogle, there are no E6600s for under 350. And no matter how high the price people are still going to pay for them. They are the new thing everyone wants them.

It's a swindle. Core 2 Duo's aren't even out yet. Pre-orders are almost always really high. I remember paying $15 extra back in the day for a N64 game pre-order (unfortunatally, don't remember which game). Also, Froggle isn't that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom