ATI 9600XT Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinone

Baseband Member
i brought a brand new ati 9600xt a few months ago and i am not very happy with it so far... i feel it has been under-performing as i get lag in some games where i know i shouldn't with the 9600XT. for example, on call of duty: united offensive i get laggyness and low framerates when ever explosions or smoke enter the screen. lowering or raising the graphics does not help,nor do the catalyst settings. is there anyway to get my ati running well? or maybe my RAM could be doing this as they are not top quality sticks from well known companies.

ATI Radeon 9600XT 256mb
P4 3.0GHz HT
2GB RAM
Windows xp Home SP2

What's your motherboards brand and model? When you play COD, do you have the video setting on DirectX9 or 7? Does this happen with every game you play? What's the setting in the ATI catalyst control center/SMARTGART set at (select advanced view if you don't see it)?

OK Well my mobo is a VIA P4VM800. there is not an option to change from directx9 and 7 that is in cod 2 which i do not have. i get lag in other games yes but not so much in older games.

SMARTGART settings are:

AGP Speed 8X
Fast Write - On
AGP Write - On
AGP Read - On

PCI Write - On
PCI Read - On

At the moment my my card is just crap i cant play anything i like that is enjoyable.

well that aint exactly top end card so try turnign down or off shadows and lighting in games where your gettin low fps

don't you think i have try that already? i know its not top notch but if you were experiencing what i am i think you might notice.

justinone said:
OK Well my mobo is a VIA P4VM800. there is not an option to change from directx9 and 7 that is in cod 2 which i do not have. i get lag in other games yes but not so much in older games.

SMARTGART settings are:

AGP Speed 8X
Fast Write - On
AGP Write - On
AGP Read - On

PCI Write - On
PCI Read - On

At the moment my my card is just crap i cant play anything i like that is enjoyable.

Have you tried turning AGP Speed and Fast Write to off?

I think it might be my ram. that is giving me the jittery gameplay. what do you think? its not that brilliant quality ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom