accidentally blanked a word document, can i recover it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Baseband Member
my friend was using word and editing this really crucial document. he edits a few. and i came to it and he was shocked to see it was blank. i think possibly what he did was he had a few documents open and accidentally clicked save on a blank document instead of open and saved a blank page for the important document.

anyway, in the folder, there are all the temporarily created files(ending with .tmp) for another document, but none for this document. the document is blank.

is there any program where you can select the file, and you can see all the previous modifications?

like if document x contained the text "abcd" and was later edited to "xyz", would it be possible to recover the abcd file if you didnt know it contained abcd?

brady said:
pwnd!

Nothing that I can think of will work...

Sorry.

Lol that was rude,

if you have had the document for a few days you could try to system restore back to a day when you had it, or most of it

to bad you dont have volume shadow copy :)

you should set your documents to autosave every 1 minute. Always create a backup copy should be selected

Warez Monster said:
to bad you dont have volume shadow copy :)

you should set your documents to autosave every 1 minute. Always create a backup copy should be selected

shouldn't erd commander 2005 work?

as long as u have it enabled system restore should have it like mikee said. depends on how much memory u allocated to SR.

OK i tried a few of thses undelete programs and one of them i got a previous version of the file. This is an ok version but the problem is, when i recovered it, it was simply a bunch of incomprehensible code. it is the same size, but a bunch of weird characters. the weird thing is it actually does have a few paragraphs of normal text that was in the file. but the rest is just a bunch of strange characters.

When i clikc to open it it asks me to insert a disc from MS Office becuase. but i dont have this disk.

Word says "Microsoft Word can't import the specified format. This feature is not installed. Would you like to install it now?" Then it asks me for the disc but i odnt have it!

Oh yeah and i tried system restore, it said it couldnt restore because no changes had been made since then. WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom