Blue Screen Error...during a clean install???

Status
Not open for further replies.

disksko

Baseband Member
Hi group!

Win XP Pro user...been having the "random shutdown" issue for a long time (I know there are MANY possible causes to this). So I decided to do a clean install of XP Pro.

Here is what I just went through this morning:

- Tried to "repair", but when restarting Windows would not start and I get the "blue screen". ???

- I boot from the install CD, and figured out how to format my C drive (FAT32). I begin setup of the clean install, but halfway through I get another blue screen (stop error 0x000008E). I realized I had the printer, USB mouse and ethernet cable plugged in, so I unplug all and try again. The second time the setup got farther (16 mins remaining) but again, another bluescreen! (this tieme it said PAGE FAULT IN NON-PAGE AREA).

Wouldn´t a clean format of "C" rule out any software issues? (I do have another hard drive, but only files on it...no OS or programs).

I haven´t flashed my BIOS in a while...maybe try that? Bad memory??

PLEASE...and thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated...I have been in PC **** for a while, but it looks like the end is finally near!

THANKS!!!

Ben.

Attachments

• need help.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 49
Try this....it might help.

First, unplug all cards that are not essential; sound, modem, etc. just leave the video.

Second, go in to bios and change to failsafe settings.

Third, if you have more than on memory chip, take all but one until Windows has been installed.

If this works, then install each of your cards one at a time.

This has helped me in the past with this same type of problem.

Thanks BadDawg...

Just out of curiosity...anyone know what is the possible cause for this problem?

From Dawg´s answer, looks like a hardware conflict. If so, won´t it still haunt me even once Windows is finally installed?

Thanks again!

The blue screen error you are getting is well known for issues with RAM. I would run a memtest on all your memory to be sure it passes without any problems. If it does come up with errors then replace as needed. Did you follow the advice about the RAM above about pulling out all chips and only leaving 1 in there? Did you get the OS installed?

Hey Win2kPatcher!

Not yet. I am at work now, so not until tonight. Will repost as soon as I do. Until then, any other thoughts are welcome.

:)

Ben.

I did pull the memory stick. Maybe the wrong one of the two? I got Win XP installed....BUT with errors. :(

- During install: delay write failed (Program Files/Windows Media Player/set80.tmp

- During initial startup: Under "rundll32"; "framdyn.dll" not found, and error loading "srclient.dll".

Also, there is no Internet Explorer.

I am going to run memtest tonight. WIl try to reinstall XP again.

One last question: in BIOS, is "Load Setup Defauts" the same as "failsafe settings"?

Gracias!

The BIOS failsafe, plus removing my AGP card, seem to have gotten the job done. The installation went smooth and Internet Explorer was there this time.
I still have to install the ethernet drivers...and I want to perform a memtest to see what´s up. I will post results.

Thanks again for the inputs...helped a lot!

:)
Ben.

I wonder if there is a club for those who have questioned their sanity and have rationalized the satisfaction one would get from throwing their computer from a 7th floor building? If so, as of last night, I am the newest member of that club. lol

Will keep it breif: during installation of onboard LAN/sound/VGA drivers, I got a "can´t copy, data lost" error due to "PC Hardware failure". During the next reboot, Windows would not start, and the blue screen said "process1_initialization_failed".

This morning I reinstalled Win XP again, and then the LAN/sound/VGA drivers, and all went smooth. Might be finally done!

I am guessing, from all the problems I have had, that I either have issues with my RAM or my HARDDRIVE.

I did run a CHKDSK and it said "1 or more errors found on volume", but no details about the erros, just free space & allocation units on disk. So is my hard drive bad??

I plan to run a memtest tonight...

THANKS AGAIN!
Ben.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom