Conroe vs. AM2 on AnandTech.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
NosBoost300 said:
oh my god.. amd was totally pwnd...

lol.. they're testing memory performance.. amd doesn't "totally [get] pwnd" ... conroe is better in these tests.. but as speeds increase, amd catches up... not saying amd is better or anything.. "amd was totally pwnd" might hold true if you were talking about conroe vs. X2 benchmarks.. but this is simply about memory performance.. which amd wasn't VERY FAR behind.

If AMD is smart they need to start retaliating with at least word of what they "might" be working on oh so quietly or they could just drop prices really low to give outrageous deals (although their income may suffer from this, they would gain a ton of fans back to their side of the field and alot more new fans).

::-Chase-::

Chase said:
If AMD is smart they need to start retaliating with at least word of what they "might" be working on oh so quietly or they could just drop prices really low to give outrageous deals (although their income may suffer from this, they would gain a ton of fans back to their side of the field and alot more new fans).

wow, AMD should hire you. i bet they never thought of any of those ideas.

Chase said:

AMD Radeon X2000 512MB GDDR4!!!

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/07/24/amd_acquires_ati/

Massive Price Drops (these are now confirmed):

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/07/23/amd_slashes_desktop_processor_prices/

And I don't remember where the article is, but AM2 is going to be a short socket as AM3 is supposed to be released by the end of the year with 65 nm and other goodies. Perhaps someone can post it up.

I'm excited for what AMD has coming up.

I may just hold off on this Conroe build, because I get the feeling it will be deprecated like two months after I get it, by AMD.

We'll see.

Also:

Intel has already begun to ship Merom processors to its PC customers, Chief Executive Officer Paul Otellini said Wednesday during the company's second-quarter earnings conference call. Systems with Merom should begin to appear around the end of August, according to sources.

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/hardware/0,39042972,39377571,00.htm

AMD benefits from their integrated memory controller, thats why their processors can have such small L2 caches.

AMD will not have anything to compete with Core2 Duo for some time. They will HAVE to come up with a totally new architecture. 65nm process wont help them. Quad cores wont help them. And K8L wont help them. When they move on to K9, thats where their real chance is. And by then Intel will probably be working on Core2's sucessor as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom