neo4 unable detect floppy, attempt install xp on SATA

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxyLoxy

Daemon Poster
I have a Neo4 Platinum, I am attempting to reinstall XP on a SATA Raptor. I have the floppy driver disk with the RAID/SATA drivers on it. I have tried four different floppy drives, two different cables, two different power cables, and all different combinations of them. The floppy drive will not recognize, it doesnt show any power at all. It doesnt access the drive at any time. I push F6 when it asks for third party drivers, it goes through some stuff, then it asks if I have some drivers, I push enter, nothing. I cant find a schematic of a Neo4 and I dont have my manual with me, but it does seem to be missing (intentionally or otherwise) some pins in the floppy cable socket on the mobo, one is commonly missing, but there are two others that arent there that seem to be missing. I dont know if that is supposed to be so, but there arent broken bits or anything there. I have tested the cables, power cables, and drives on other computers and found all to be functioning.
Any help appreciated.

Yea, there should only be 33 pins on the floppy IDE connector. 1 pin is missing it's the 3rd one on the bottom left on upper right depending on your view.

So if you don't have 33 pins then yea itÂ’s broken. Try using a USB floppy or slipstreaming it into your XP installation disc http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=20748 or return the motherboard which ever one you want to do. Slipstreaming won't guarantee it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom