DVD drives not reading/working, help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tug

Beta member
Hi all,

I have a Gigabyte 8s661fxmp rz f2 Mobo (Windows XP SP2), HDD 1 is 10gb IDE and HDD 2 is 40gb SATA and a pioneer A05 dvd RW, along with Asus DVD RW which is one IDE2. I have only recently added the SATA HDD which I think my problem relates to. Since this addition my Pioneer DVD burner read the dvd when I booted the PC up, then went to change disc in the drive and would not read. Thinking this was the dvd burner (as is 3 yrs old) I went and bought another one (ASUS), which I found still the same problem. Other than neither of the drives reading properly at all now it freezes up when I goto to load up disc in 'My Computer' screen. I tried updating drives on mobo and took battery out of mobo to reset but still the same problem. I can only deduce it is because of the HDD on IDE1, HDD 2 on SATA and DVD drives on IDE2.
I am hoping someone can please help as very frustrating at moment.
Thanks in advance.

Hey, did you check to see if your DVD drive is on master, slave, or cable select? I'm a bit new with the SATA stuff too, but maybe try to switch it from master or slave or vice versa. Cable select is good too, just know that the black end is master and the gray end of the IDE is slave.

I did check that, but will double check anyway. Thank you for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom