Post Your Pretty Wire Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
also I use heatshrink tubing on all the ends and use a ground fault circut so even if there is a girect short it wont hurt anything, my other comp is a aquarium so I am care ful not to kill the poor fish, lol...

100_1533.jpg

P.P. Mguire said:
:rolleyes:
Its funny how all my 24-pin connectors are stuffed, wrapped, and stuck in drive bays or around them. You can only see one.

Erm...His wires are kinda short for it to be stuck into the drive bays. Check it out.

Since when does shielded cable cause shorting?
If you touch the right components on the back of the mobo you can shorten it out. Teabagger, take a look at how short the 24-pin connectors are on the Antec 450 SP PSU. They are **** short.

Haha I was just trying to give the kid some advice but I won't argue with the king of...well, arguing. I guess he can put a piece of cardboard to further shield the mobo from any possible damage...all that matters if it works for him or not. Making his case as clean as possible is the main goal...right? Maybe you could offer some advice? I thought of the easiest way to hide the huge spaghetti of cables comming from the 24 pin power and the idea popped into my head. If he does do it it'll look really clean and such and that's my goal. I don't want to damage his system but i hid some shielded cables behind the motherboard and nothing bad happened. His choice really if he wants to try it out.

Well i hid some too, but they where reall tiny and flat so it dosent even thouch the board. I guess he could use one of those spacer screws that come w/ an Antec case. It would prop the mobo up more so he can fit the stuff underneath. Ill try it later and if it actualy works ill post.

markkleb said:
if you unwrap them you will be able to lay them flat. Just spread them out.

ya, tape them with ELECTRICAL tape to the moboplate, that will also lesson the risk of shortening

ur fine ive done it pleny of times

Ok so now were taking the shielding off and taping them to the meatl tray so that electricity can run threw your spacers to your board. Yea thats real smart /sarcasm. Come on ppl start making soem sense. If you have enough room BEHIND the motherboard tray to tape the cables fine, avoid as much as possible putting them actualy under the mobo between the spacers. That will cause problems. Espeacialy if you take the protective sheilding off.

Erm I think wut mark was trying to say was ***unroll*** the cables so that they aren't thick enough to touch the mobo. I don't think he means to say to Strip the wires...That'd just be plain insane.

P.P. Mguire said:
Ok so now were taking the shielding off and taping them to the meatl tray so that electricity can run threw your spacers to your board. Yea thats real smart /sarcasm. Come on ppl start making soem sense. If you have enough room BEHIND the motherboard tray to tape the cables fine, avoid as much as possible putting them actualy under the mobo between the spacers. That will cause problems. Espeacialy if you take the protective sheilding off.

Instead of thinking he's an idiot, reread his post. He means take off the zipties that hold the 24-pin connector wires together, not strip the dang wires. :rolleyes: Honestly, he'd have to be the dumbest person alive to do that. I'm assuming that's what you thought in your last post i replied to, because i've never heard of a shielded wire causing a short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom