eeprom damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

OatesyX

In Runtime
right so im (hopefully) selling a computer to a friend, but the eeprom for the lan is damaged on the mobo, ive a pci network card in as a replacment and the onboard chip disable in the bios,my question is, could the damged chip lead to other problems down the line

only way it could is if any other chips on the board were already damaged and just took awhile to degrade itself to the point were it failed. Kind of like if a MBD gets a surge, sometimes a component may take awhile to show its damage.

hmmm, well i just got the board but its a b-grade product, but it arrive with the jumpers for usb power not on right, maybe that did it,,

is the chip damaged or the EERPOM data.. if the chip isint physically damaged, call up who made the PC and ask them how to reset it.. With the Dells I work on, se have a technician CD that has some stuff to write onto the EEPROM.

i dont know , ive a diagnostic tool that came witht he mobo cd that just says the eeprom fails a test

try calling the manufacturer adn see if they can give you a direct answer. The diagnostics answers are total BS.

i guess its worth a go, its a discontinued product though, i just got it as a b grade,, funny thing is i think my rams fooked too :D diff prob though,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom