I'm probabbly getting a new CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey apokalipse what are your temps?

1.55 is pretty high considering your on air but if you have good temps then man thats great.:classic:

I might go to 1.55 but if I do, thats as far as il go as the heat here is making evreything in my computer melt....:sigh:

How do you plan on getting to 750? 1.6 is pretty dangerous on air cooling...:confused:

sorry i don't have a clue for victoria :( i find prices for stuff from actual shops i visit. for instance a store PLE had the network switch i'm using at the moment for about $10 cheaper than the cheapest price i could find on staticice at the time (when it only cost $24 thats a reasonable saving :p) despite the fact PLE are listed with them. i guess just browse your favourite stores instead of relying on staticice to find it.

Lord AnthraX said:
Hey apokalipse what are your temps?

1.55 is pretty high considering your on air but if you have good temps then man thats great.:classic:

I might go to 1.55 but if I do, thats as far as il go as the heat here is making evreything in my computer melt....:sigh:

How do you plan on getting to 750? 1.6 is pretty dangerous on air cooling...:confused:
ATITool reports a max of 68ºC at 700MHZ. ATM I can get 720, and it won't crash, but it will artifact significantly. 700MHZ is artifact free.
this is with my VF900 on

I've replaced one of the resistors (an 86Kohm) with 2 x 82Kohm resistors in paralell to make 41Kohm's. it measures 40.6Kohm.

apparently you can go down to about 30Kohm safely, so I might try that.

on top of that, with my new upgrade, my video card will be spaced appart from the PCI cards (if I get the DFI board) which will hopefully help cooling.

I've also sinked the three MOSFET's you showed me, with a little heatsink I got from DSE for $1

I'm happy that the card got 700, but man I wanna get over 750 so bad though.

update on my video card:
I've revised my volt mod, and changed it to make about 1.73V (calculated)

now ATITool autodetects a max core clock of 748MHZ, without artifacts.
right now I've got my memory at 400 (effective 1600) to try and test the limits of my core. but I'll see how high the memory goes afterwards (I got it to 460 before, but during my second volt mod experimentation, it wasn't stable at that speed)

*edit*
ATITool reports a maximum core temp of 72-73ºC, and an idle temp of about 45-50ºC

Just to add on to this thread seeing as I didn't want to start a new thread with one similar one up. As you can see from my sig it I've got a rig that is chugging along keeping up nowdays, so I was thinking of going to AM2 due it's great upgrade paths that will be coming up with the compatible AM3 CPUs with AM2 motherboards and also price reductions!!

So now to the parts......

I'm not really sure on the motherboard, I was thinking maybe the Gigabyte GA-M55PLUS-S3G motherboard or something around that price range, either a x2 3800 or 4200, and most probably a 7600GT since I want to keep this down to a price of around 700-800 AU dollars. Obviously I want the best performance I can get from that, how much will it beat my current one by? For example on WoW which I play a fair bit nowadays.

Help would be great, Thanks.

yeah, I don't think I'll be going higher than what I'm at now (voltage)

though my memory seems to be a little bit tricky.
I can put it at 460MHZ, and it's fine in 3dmark05 and 06. but it artifacts and crashes the system in the first test of 3dmark01, unless I put it down to 420.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom